Reconstructed UK postcode boundaries
Shapefile polygons defining the boundaries of UK postcode areas, districts and sectors are available here for download, for use in our open source territory design software or other applications. These boundary polygons are reconstructed from the live postcodes in the UK and are therefore approximate, but are expected to be accurate enough for most applications. Please note:
- As the polygons are reconstructed from unit postcodes, in-general they will be accurate to a unit postcode resolution (which covers roughly 15 houses), but no better than this.
- Polygons for Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man are only available for postcode areas, not districts or sectors, as unit postcode data for these areas is not included in Code-Point Open.
- Other artefacts may be present in the reconstruction.
We provide this data for free for internal use within your company or organisation. If you wish to redistribute map images produced from this data (either physical redistribution or on a web page), we request that in return you place a weblink to www.opendoorlogistics.com on your company or organisation’s website. We do not grant the right to redistribute the geometry data itself publicly (i.e. no re-posting the shapefiles or similar on a website).
Go to our downloads page to download this data. The reconstruction was performed in a similar manner to those documented here and here.
This reconstructed dataset is copyright © 2015 by OpenDoorLogistics (www.opendoorlogistics.com). The dataset is provided 'as-is' with no guarantee of its accuracy. OpenDoorLogistics hereby grants rights for personal and commercial use, with the following exception. The dataset, or any dataset derived from it, may not be redistributed outside of your company without the written permission of OpenDoorLogistics, with the exception of map images produced from the data which may be redistributed providing a weblink to www.opendoorlogistics.com is placed and maintained on your company or organisation's website.
Any redistribution must include this license, including the following notices from the original datasets from which this reconstructed dataset was derived:
Any redistribution of this reconstructed dataset must contain these original attribution statements, together with a requirement that any further sub-licences do the same. See http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/docs/licences/os-opendata-licence.pdf for more details. Ordnance Survey does not in any way endorse this reconstructed dataset.
This reconstructed dataset is also derived from:
- Contains Royal Mail data © Royal Mail copyright and database right 2015
- Contains National Statistics data © Crown copyright and database right 2015.